From Mortal <vladimir.riadche...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: log4j lock application
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:57:09 GMT

Matt Brown-20 wrote:

> How do you know that log4j.info is the culprit - that the application is
> blocked there?
>
> Can you take a threaddump of the hung application and use that to confirm?
> You can use visualvm within the JDK to make this easy.
>
> What does your log4j config look like?

I've attach to second application with debugger and see that last command
was log4j.info
Lock occur only when second app print some portion of info. because I've for
test insert before problem place several log4j.info with very small text and
I see it but after the same "big" string app hang.
And when kill first app (which start second app) second alive and I see all
messages...

for clear: first app is java scheduler which run external bat files with
another java apps.

Do you still need threaddump? I just don't know what is it but can try take
it.

I'm new in log4j config files so just take some sample from Inet. As
standalone application it normal for me.

log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout, R
# Pattern to output the caller's file name and line number.
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n
log4j.appender.R.File=example.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=100KB
# Keep one backup file
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=1
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n