From Douglas E Wegscheid <Douglas_E_Wegsch...@whirlpool.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic File Name and Turn off File Logging
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 14:31:33 GMT
how are you setting it now? inside your program, or in the configuration?

you have a number of options: programmatically you can determine what OS
you are on and set it accordingly. You can set it appropriately as a
system property from whatever script or batch file you are invoking the
program from ( set -DLOG4J_NULL=/dev/null and the ${LOG4J_NULL} in your
config.

options limited by imagination...

Douglas E Wegscheid
Lead Technical Analyst, Whirlpool Corporation
(269)-923-5278

"A wrong note played hesitatingly is a wrong note. A wrong note played
with conviction is interpretation."

power97 <cjob68@shaw.ca>
05/20/2009 10:25 AM
Please respond to
"Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>

log4j-user@logging.apache.org
cc

Subject
RE: Dynamic File Name and Turn off File Logging

How do I do that ? It does need to run on Windows and Unix.