From Sindhu <crsindhu...@gmail.com>
Subject How to implement DailyRollingFile appender with rollingPolicy
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 07:17:46 GMT

I have implemented DailyRollingFileAppender,but their is no control on the
size of the log file.I would like to control the file size as wel.

Recently i heard about rollingPolicy.when i used the same in my log4j.xml i
got the below warning "ERROR Element type "rollingPolicy" must be declared".

I know the meaning of this error,i.e, rollingPolicy is not found in the
log4j.dtd under the appender tag elemnt.But not knowing how to proceed now.

The version of log4j.dtd is 1.2

this is the log4j.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

Thanks in advance,