From Luca Ferrari <fluca1...@infinito.it>
Subject Re: specify the relative directory to log
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 13:43:02 GMT
On Wednesday 06 May 2009 03:04:59 pm Marc Farrow's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:
> I am not sure what the problem is, because the example I posted was totally
> in the program and not in a properties file.

Sorry, allow me to explain it better. I've got an application with its log4j
configuration file, where there is specified a log directory that is relative. I
want to transform such log path absolute, because I could install and run the
application from several paths, but I want the logs to be stored always in the
same folder. Such folder must be computed the first time the application is
started, and therefore I cannot specify such absolute path into the log4j file.
That's why I'd like to keep the log4j configuration file with the relative path
and transform such path absolute at run-time.

Luca