From Santhoo Kumar <santhoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to remove Chainsaw internal log messages from log file?
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 10:46:13 GMT
Hai,

You have to remove the SocketAppdender from log4j file. Chainsaw client uses socket appender,
On loading of log4jxxx.jar it loads log4j.xml or log4j.properties, if it finds it loads all
the appenders. If in your log4j.xml/log4j.properties contains socket appender it writes logs
on chainsaw client

Regards,
Santhoo

--- On Mon, 5/18/09, Moley Harey <moleyharey@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Moley Harey <moleyharey@gmail.com>
Subject: How to remove Chainsaw internal log messages from log file?
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 9:13 AM

Hi,

I have a C++ application that send log messages using log4cxx to Chainsaw
using an XMLSocketAppender.

Messages sent by my C++ application are correctly received by Chainsaw and
what I am doing is to redirect all those messages to a file using the
following lines in my Chainsaw config file:

  <appender name="RollingAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.
RollingFileAppender">
     <param name="File" value="/data/chainsaw.log"/>
     <param name="Append" value="true"/>
     <param name="MaxFileSize" value="20000KB"/>
     <param name="MaxBackupIndex" value="400"/>
       <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d | %-5r | %-5p | %c | %t:%x
| %m%n"/>
     </layout>
   </appender>

Messages sent my application are correctly saved in the "chainsaw.log" file
but some other Chainsaw internal messages are saved there too which is not
useful for me...
Do you know how can I disable those Chainsaw internal messages?

Thanks in advance,

Mh