From guangxing luo <guangxing....@gmail.com>
Subject log4j paused?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 06:35:11 GMT
Hi there,

We have web application running in weblogic 9.2 MP2, using log4j as
log tool in Sun Solaris 10.  We are using central tool class to log
debug message.

At night, we have a batch job to read 20k transactions from table, and
insert these transactions into JMS Queue.  Message EJB will process
concurrently.  The transaction ID for each transaction is logged by
central log class. However, we found not all of 20K transaction are
logged.  For online module, we also found some
log message can not be found.  It seems as if log4j is hang at some
moment or 'paused'.

Appreciate any sharing.

luo

Below is log4j configuration file used.

#Do not change this --------------------------------------------
#log4j.loggerFactory=com.XXX.bapid.common.BapidLoggerFactory
#log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG
log4j.rootLogger=INFO,A1
#---------------------------------------------------------------

#Default Logger
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

log4j.logger.rapiddebug=DEBUG, A_BAPIDDEBUG
log4j.appender.A-BAPIDDEBUG=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A-BAPIDDEBUG.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.A-BAPIDDEBUG.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %m%n
log4j.appender.A-BAPIDDEBUG.File=/data01/bapid/logs/bapid_debug.log
log4j.appender.A-BAPIDDEBUG.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.additivity.bapiddebug=false