From Klemens Muthmann <klemens.muthm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Properties for all but root logger ignored
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:18:08 GMT
Hi

I have written a java web application (and a batch application some
months in the past) and tried to use log4j to debug these applications.
It seems to work somehow but shows very strange behaviour as all logger
settings in log4j.properties except the rootLogger are ignored. This is
a problem because I can not just get the log messages for my classes but
have to go through thousands of messages produced by hibernate or
spring, etc. My log4j.properties file looks the following:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO,stdout
log4j.logger.de.myproject.controller=DEBUG,R

log4j.appender.stdout.Target=System.out
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L
- %m%n

log4j.appender.R.File=C:/myproject.log

log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=100KB
# Keep one backup file
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=1

log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n

The problem is that the second line is completely ignored. Does anyone
have a solution for this?

Regards
    Klemens