From Greg Flex <greg.f...@gmail.com>
Subject XMLLaout
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 18:55:04 GMT
Hi Guys,
I have this for now in my config.xml file that configures the logger.

<appender name="XMLOUT" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
     <param name="File" value="C:\\tmp\\log.xml"/>
     <param name="Threshold" value="info"/>
     <layout class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout"/>
</appender>

It all works just fine but when I view logs with the Chainsaw I'm not
getting any class name or a method name or line number.
In fact, I'm not getting anything that I'd need.
I can get all these values when I use the file appender with the
ConversionPattern.
I guess my question is, how do I get all these values but in XML format with
the XMLLayout.
Is this even possible?  I'd imagine it is since the Chainsaw Log Viewer
"tries" to read them....
Thanks
Greg.