From John El <jo...@mailinator.com>
Subject Re: AW: Newbie questions
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 17:02:05 GMT

Thanks for your no help at all.

There is no appender, and I've found the log by running grep over all the
likely files, and by grepping that file name I've found where the log file
is set.  I've searched the documentation for this kind of set up and found
nothing.

I've found info on properties files and the most useful thing I've found
about using an xml file for log4j configuration was a blog where the guy
says that there doesn't seem to be a good source of info on this.

My questions may have been dumb, but you weren't smart enough to provide an
answer.  I can't imagine why you bothered to reply to my post if you had
nothing of value to add.  Lots of spare time?  A feeling of superiority when
you call my question dumb? Can't be that because you don't seem superior
enough to have an answer.

One more dumb question for you.  If you're so smart, where did I find the
set up for the fatal log?  And why?

I know the answers now, but do you?