From Luca Ferrari <fluca1...@infinito.it>
Subject Re: log4j e java ws
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:53:29 GMT
On Friday 17 April 2009 17:49:35 Scott Deboy's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:
> When customizing logging configurations for signed Web Start apps, I
> usually have a default logging configuration in the jar, but check the file
> system in $userhome/.applicationdir for a logging configuration file.  If
> the file exists in that $userhome/.applicationdir location, I load that
> configuration file via DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch(URL).  If the file
> doesn't exist, I use the default logging configuration in the jar.

Uhm...interesting, but this requires your application to manually test for a
configuration file and for choosing which configuration file to use. Is there
a way to automate this in any kind of way? For instance instrumenting the ws
application to search for a locale config file before searching in the jar?

Thanks,
Luca