From "Guilherme Costa" <gccost...@gmail.com>
Subject SocketAppender
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:11:15 GMT
I saw the code for that appender (thanks Open Source) and I noticed that if
the socket is not connected when a new message comes, the log message is
lost.
There are any appender out there that implements queue? We currently have a
logging system, home made. Very simple, it only sends a string message, the
application ID and the client IP address, but it has this queue to prevent
losing any message. My boss, that is fighting against the log4j idea told me
that if we don't have a queue, we will keep using the same old logging
system (really old, maybe 6 years old!!).

If there are no Appender that implements a queue, I will have to write one
for out application.

Thanks,
Gui