From "Aswani Kommireddy" <sriasw...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing to Database
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 21:01:52 GMT
Hello Everybody,

We have one requirement in our Application.
We want to write Logs to database, but not one DB call per logging event.
Plans are like collecting all logging events till the end of each
server request, and commit that to database as a single message(single
record). I mean collect all log messages of a request (client - server -
client) into some sort of buffer, and insert all those messages buffer as a
single message (clob data) into the DB table.

 We are currently using log4j to log events to a file (a single file for all
users). Now we want to insert into DB.

Looking forward.....

Thanks in advance!!!!

Ash