From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't get basic Zeroconf example to work.
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:07:14 GMT
Paul Smith skrev  den 21-01-2009 03:55:
>>> I now notice that JmDns has a 2.0 available, which is probably the
>>> issue here.  Could you download 1.0 and replace it (looking at
>>> sourceforge, they don't appear to publish older jars, weird, if you
>>> like I can send you the jmdns 1.0 jar in a separate, direct email)?  I
>>>

> You're definitely using 2.0, I get that same problem.  See [1] below
> with the diff to the log4j-zeroconf that will make it compatible with
> JmDNS 2.0, however this upgrade comes with the side affect that the
> JmDNS 2.0 jar is compiled with 1.6 source/binary compatibility.  If we
> upgraded log4j-zeroconf to use JmDNS 2.0, that would effectively
> mandate it to also require 1.6 (currently you can get it to work on
> JRE 1.2).
I have just played around with some old code which previously worked
with Chainsaw Zeroconf (guaranteed jmdns 1.0), and it did not show up in
the zeroconf window when starting Chainsaw over webstart (which reports
Zeroconf to be available - perhaps it uses Bonjour 1.0.6?) so I've
probably done something wrong.

I am aware that this is is not the same issue as the one reported in
this thread, but I would really like to ask if you could create a simple
"run me to test zeroconf"-application which could also be run over
webstart so it is very simple to run these two applications next to each
other and see that stuff works?

That would be really great :)  Thanks a lot if you do :)

Regards,

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"