From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Strange NPEs after redeploy
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 18:04:11 GMT
Hi Curt,

What does the following mean?...

On 1/1/2009 8:27 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:
> <li>Use per-application copies of log4j, that is remove log4j.jar from
> WEB-INF/lib.</li>

The first part says "use per-application copies of log4j" and then it says "that
is remove log4j.jar from WEB-INF/lib".  From my point of view, those two sentence
fragments contradict one another.  Adding log4j.jar to WEB-INF/lib *is* the
definition of using per-application copies of log4j.  The only two other ways,
both involving putting log4j in a global classloader, would be to run only one
application per appserver or use repository selectors to provided each application
with its own logger repository.

I'm not entirely sure what the recommendation should be here?  I guess I leave it
to you to correct.

Jake