From Briganti Raffaele <Raffaele.Briga...@chebanca.it>
Subject 2 processes on the same log file? What consequences?
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:08:53 GMT
Hi everyone.

We've a server with two separate processes running on it and writing their = log on the same
file. More precisely, these two processes are two separate = WebSphere Application Servers
configured to write on the same log file: all=  the other resources they work on are separate
from each other. Sometimes t= he two servers begin to respond slowly to the requests, so we're
forced to = restart the processes to return to a normal situation.

Our idea is that having two processes writing on the same log file is a bad=  idea. Is that
so?

We've also noted that the RollingFileAppender mechanism doesn't often work:=  even when the
log file exceeds its maximum size and the backup file is cre= ated, one of the two processes
keeps writing its log on the older file, not=  in the newer one. This could be a clue of a
malfunctioning when two proces= ses write on the same log file.

Any suggestion?

Hope you can help us.

Best regards.

________________________________
Questa comunicazione ha carattere riservato ed e coperta da segreto bancario; le informazioni
in essa contenute non possono essere in nessun modo rivelate o diffuse. Qualora non siate
i destinatari della comunicazione Vi preghiamo di avvertire il mittente con sollecitudine
e di inviare per posta la comunicazione che avete ricevuto. Grazie.
Cette communication est a caractere reserve et est couverte par le secret bancaire; les informations
contenues ne peuvent etre communiquees ou diffusees. Dans le cas ou vous ne seriez pas le
destinataire de ce mail, nous vous prions d.en avertir expressement l.expediteur par retour
de mail. Merci
This message is of a confidential nature and is covered by Italian banking secrecy. The information
contained herein may not be disclosed to third parties or disseminated in any way. If you
are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender. Thank you.