From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using the SyslogAppender
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:14:36 GMT
Curt and Christian,

Thanks for all the tips.  I made sure the syslog port is open and modified the setup to look
like this:

	BasicConfigurator.configure();

	syslogAppender.setSyslogHost("localhost");

	syslogAppender.setFacility("LOCAL0");

	syslogAppender.setLayout(new PatternLayout());

        syslogAppender.activateOptions();

        logger.addAppender(syslogAppender);

However I'm not really sure where to look for the output.  I tried "tail /var/log/messages",
but there was nothing there.  I'm sure "LOCAL0" corresponds to a log file, but I'm not sure
which one.  I'd also like to tell syslog to create /var/log/test.log and have the log record
go to this file.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks again,
- Ole