From Chris Kimball <m...@cvkimball.com>
Subject Start-up configuration
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:43:04 GMT

I'm using a DOMConfigurator successfully in a jar-bundled, cross platform
app.

But the configuration file is currently a resource within the bundle,
unmodifiable by a user.

I'd like to copy the configuration file out once the app gets started and
the app knows where to place files, so that the user can set his own warning
levels, etc.

1. How do I start the app then have the app take it's configuration file
from an internally calculated area?

2. How do I specify an output file on a cross platform basis?  If I define
the output log file as "log.txt", what directory does it turn up in under
various systems?

Chris Kimball