From "Poythress, Lynn" <apoyt...@skymail.csus.edu>
Subject RE: installing chainsaw on redhat linux box
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 21:04:26 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try that.

Lynn Poythress

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:59 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: installing chainsaw on redhat linux box

On Oct 14, 2008, at 3:41 PM, Poythress, Lynn wrote:

> So.... what does that mean?

Sun JVM's from at least 1.3 included an XML parser and the JAXP API.
It appears from the ClassNotFoundException, that your installed
version of gcj did not include that API and Chainsaw fails since it
expects to be able to create an XML parser using JAXP.

You didn't specify what version of RedHat you are using and what
version of gcj is installed.  I would suggest seeing if you can load
an libjaxp package or a xerces package using the package manager and
see if that resolves the issue.