From "Bruno Melloni" <Bruno.Mell...@wnco.com>
Subject Logging from appender
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:52:16 GMT
What is the best way to send a message to the log from inside the
Appender itself?  (separate from the message that the appender is
currently processing)

Why do I even ask this?  My appender checks disk utilization every hour.
I'd like to record the % of disk utilized in the log.

I tried using LogLog.warn(), but it puts the message on the console, not
in the log file generated by the appender.  I could probably add it
manually to the code that writes to the file, but that feels messy...
and I suspect that there's built-in log4j functionality for what I want
to do.

bruno