From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to Ignore log statements from some modules
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 05:27:46 GMT

On Sep 11, 2008, at 12:15 AM, Aneez Backer wrote:

> hi
>
> I am using a third party library for my application. I wish to
> ignore the log statements originating from this library, but at the
> same time I wish to log the statements for the classes I have
> written. What should be done in the log4j.xml file to achieve this ??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aneez

If the third party library uses logger names like
"com.example.foolib....", then set the level of "com.example.foolib"
to OFF (or likely better ERROR) and the level of the root logger to
the level of interest in your own class, or you could set the root
logger to OFF or ERROR and set the level of "net.example.myapp" to
DEBUG or INFO.