From "Aneez Backer" <ane...@pramati.com>
Subject Re: how to Ignore log statements from some modules
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 06:00:01 GMT
I tried two configurations, but it still shows the debug statements of the
thirdparty lib.

I tried this first:
-------------------------------------
<category name="org.thirdpary.*" additivity="false">
  <priority value="WARN" />
 <appender-ref ref="FILE" />
</category>

<category name="com.myapp.*" additivity="false">
      <priority value="DEBUG" />
      <appender-ref ref="FILE" />
 </category>

 <root>
  <priority value="DEBUG" />
  <appender-ref ref="FILE" />
 </root>
-------------------------------------

And then, I tried the this:

-------------------------------------
 <logger name="org.thirdparty.*">
      <!-- Print only messages of level warn or above in the package
com.foo -->
      <level value="WARN"/>
 </logger>

<category name="com.myapp.*" additivity="false">
      <priority value="DEBUG" />
      <appender-ref ref="FILE" />
 </category>

 <root>
  <priority value="DEBUG" />
  <appender-ref ref="FILE" />
 </root>

 Both of them do not work. Is there some error in the configuration ??

Thanks

Aneez Backer

--
Get everybody talkin' about your blog! Get the Free Tell-A-Friend widget
for your blog/site at http://tellafriend.socialtwist.com.