From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ConsoleAppender and closing an SSH session
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 08:00:45 GMT
Jeff skrev  den 01-08-2008 06:41:
> Well I'm not convinced that this is completely unrelated to log4j.
> This set of apps has run for 8 years in one form or another and has
> been scripted to survive a logout. Now, with no changes except the
> introduction of log4j, the behavior has changed.

I agree with Paul that I don't think this is a log4j issue as such, but
that the actions taken by log4j may trigger the shutdown (a filled
buffer that cannot be written?  an error message with nowhere to go?)

My knee-jerk reaction is to ask if you use "nohup" when starting your
program over ssh?  If not, could you elaborate on "has been scripted to
survive a logout"?

--
  Thorbjørn