From CheapLisa <l...@purpleblade.net>
Subject Distributed Logging Problem (log to remote database possible?)
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 20:42:25 GMT

We have six machines involved in a transaction (Identity Provisioning /
Identity Integration).  In this scenario ata is sent from a hub out to six
machines.

I want to log information on the hub and the six machines in one place (a
database residing on yet another machine).

Is this possible to do?  I suppose the only thing really needed to do this
is the ability for Log4J to log a message to a remote database.  Each
machine would be logging messages with a message_id unique to that
transaction so I could write a query to show me all messages for that
transaction alone.

I need the ability to log to all of the following databases: Oracle,
PostgreSQL, Derby, MySQL

javatek