From "Tushar Chauhan" <tus...@hungama.com>
Subject creating new directory with DailyRollingFileAppender ....
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:46:28 GMT
Hi all,

            I am using DailyRollingFileAppender for managing logs in my
application. I want to create separate folder for logs on hourly basis. For
example,

Within the logs/ dir I would like to have a folder with today's date and
within that date folder I have to create logs for each hour in separate
folders. The name of these folders shall be like 01/ or 02 or 23/ basically
the name of the folder depends on the hour string. I have done this using
normal FILE I/O but now I am trying to use log4j and I am unable to get any
thing that I can put in configuration file and these folders gets generated.
I am new to log4j & have read about creating logs on hourly basis, but I am
not getting anything to create directories as the hour changes. Please help
me with this.

Thanks & regards

Tushar