From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: JDBCAppender and DB passwords
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:13:11 GMT

There's a couple ways.  Both involve referencing variables set externally.
 For instance...

${db.username}
${db.password)

You can make these variables available in one of two ways (only the first way
below if you are using XML config)....

1.  Set it as a system property.  e.g...  java -Ddb.username=[username]
-Ddb.password=[password]

2.  You can manually configure using the PropertyConfigurator and pass in
variables prior to calling configure() (can't recall the exact API to do this
at the moment, but you can look it up).

I have't worked with the JDBCAppender much.  I wonder if you couldn't just
give it a JNDI name of the DataSource it is supposed to use?  In that case,
the above would be unnecessary.

Jake