From "Annie Lane" <anniela...@gmail.com>
Subject JDBCAppender and DB passwords
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:37:27 GMT
Hi list,

I'm using log4j-1.2.14 and want to play with JDBCAppender. My main concern
is the fact that in my log4j.properties file I need to provide the username
and password details for the database connection.

How can I use JDBCAppender without having to put this information in my
.properties file?

Additionally, how might I inject a database connection from within my
application? Say I'm developing a JEE app which contains its own connection
pooling mechanisms etc.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Annie