From "Abhilash_Pulakkudiyil" <Abhilash_Pulakkudi...@satyam.com>
Subject SMTP on log4j
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 05:34:59 GMT
Hi,

Am using the following configuration in the log4j.xml file to send email
on INFO. My Server is Weblogic 8.1.

It is not working and my surprise it is not saying any error too. Can
anybody help on this.

                <appender name="SS"
class="org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender">

                                <param name="BufferSize" value="1" />

                                <param name="Threshold" value="INFO"/>

                                <param name="SMTPHost" value="VALID IP "
/>

                                <param name="From" value=" VALID EMAIL
ID " />

                                <param name="To" value="VALID EMAIL ID "
/>

                                <param name="Subject" value="Log4j
Application message" />

                           <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%p
%d{HH:mm:ss} %c (%F:%L) - %m%n"/>

                        </layout>

                </appender>

                <category name="SS">

                                <priority value="INFO" />

                                <appender-ref ref="SS" />

                </category>

Smtp.jar, mailapi.jar, activation.jar and mail.jar are there in the
classpath.

Also I tried the following also with the above configuration. But
everything is failed.

<appender name="ASYNC" class="org.apache.log4j.AsyncAppender">

                                <appender-ref ref="SS"/>

                </appender>

                <root>

                                <level value="INFO" />

                                <appender-ref ref="STDOUT"/>

                                <appender-ref ref="STDERR"/>

                                <appender-ref ref="SS" />

                </root>

What's wrong here? Do I require any additional configuration for this?
Please provide me the complete configuration for the same.

Regards,

Abhilash P.

DISCLAIMER: