From "Robert Pepersack" <RPepers...@mdinsurance.state.md.us>
Subject Re: logging to catalica out only
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:29:02 GMT
If you're running multiple web applications, and you want to log each one to its own file,
then you have to create a RepositorySelector.  How to do it is in Chapter 8 of "The complete
log4j manual".  I don't know why the logging level would affect where your output is sent.

Robert Pepersack
Senior Lead Developer
Maryland Insurance Administration
410-468-2054

>>> Kevin Gutch <kgutch@protechemail.com> 04/07/2008 9:21 PM >>>
Hi, I am new to log4J. I have several Contexts running under Tomcat and
each has its own log4j.xml file in the classes folder. If I set the
priority value to anything besides 'debug'I seem to get all of my
logging and WARNings in the catalina.out file. The Context specific
files are created but not written to.

Any idea why this might be?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin