From "Britton, David" <...@hp.com>
Subject Thread Specific Appender
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:51:03 GMT
Hi --

I'm working on a project where we need to create a new log file for each thread we spawn.
 In researching how to do this, I ran across the following thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/logging-log4j-user/200710.mbox/%3C9D6E6AF2-8F59-4576-99A3-5CEF313FD5A1@aconex.com%3E

This thread seems to state that there could be some prototype code for a thread-specific appender
that is "out there" some where.  Does anyone have some code that does this right now?  Even
if it wasn't pretty, I would be interested in looking at it to base from.

I know about the following options:

- MDC, then post-process the log file created to create thread-specific log files

- Create appender at run-time, and set to a thread local variable

But before I go down those paths I wanted to see if the community had come up with anything
for this problem.

Thanks!

--
David Britton