From Kristian Rink <kaw...@zimmer428.net>
Subject log4j, log-levels and glassfish?
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:36:59 GMT

Folks;

maybe a question inappropriate for this list (sorry in advance),
however I am unsure how to get this solved. Situation is as follows:
Using log4j in some of our applications which now have to be run inside
a glassfish application server. So far I managed to make the log-files
appear in and also be readable in the glassfish management console
(good), however, I figured out that not all log entries are viewable
(bad).

Looking closely, it seems that glassfish solely relies upon JDK Logging
priorities (INFO, FINER, FINEST, ...), so I don't see my log4j DEBUG
messages in that list. Question, so: Is there a way tweaking log4j to
use, say, "FINE" or "FINER" instead of DEBUG just for the sake of
making messages visible there? It's not really a technical but rather a
"cosmetic" aspect I guess, but I'm not sure how to get out of this...

Thanks in advance for any hints; best regards.
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu@jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771