From smpub2000 <smpub2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Reading log4j properties dynamically from log4j API
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:41:05 GMT

I have an ear file that has log4j.properties conf file. I want to get all the
log4j loggers (i.e categories) defined in the properties file. How can I get
this through the log4j api?

Example log4j.properties:

src packages:
log4j.category.com.foo=debug
log4j.category.com.foo.bar=error

I want to get the keys "com.foo" and "com.foo.bar".  I want to use these
later as arguments to Logger.getLogger("method") and call
setLevel(targetLevel) on it. If I call LogManager.getCurrentLoggers(), it
only retrieves the Logger instances created by Classes, but not the
"package" level loggers that are defined in the log4j.properties file.

Thanks,
SM.