From Jason Tholstrup <jason.tholst...@theebsgroup.com>
Subject Re: Chainsaw Tab identifier
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 20:56:53 GMT
Sorry Scott I had not tried your instructions before I replied last
time.

I can get PROP.log4j.remoteSourceInfo to show up in my tab identifier
but PROP.application does not seem to work (which to be honest is much
closer to what I want).  I've seen that there is an issue with the
serialized object translation from the 1.2.X branch to the 1.3 based
chainsaw v2 download, and I don't receive Class, Method, File, or Line
information in my logs.  Is this possibly the reason PROP.application
does not show up, or is there something else I have missed?

Here is the log4j.properties snippet for my app.  I've bounced my
server container just to make sure it reloaded and PROP.application
continues to return nothing in chainsaw

log4j.properties sinppet (on server)

log4j.appender.HUB=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketHubAppender
log4j.appender.HUB.port=9005
log4j.appender.HUB.LocationInfo=true
log4j.appender.HUB.Threshold=DEBUG
log4j.appender.HUB.application=SES

Test Tab identifier string
PROP.application - PROP.log4j.remoteSourceInfo

chainsaw.xml
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration>
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
debug="true">

    <plugin name="SocketHubReceiver"
class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketHubReceiver">
      <param name="host" value="devocs.theebsgroup.com"/>
      <param name="port" value="9004"/>
      <param name="reconnectionDelay" value="30000"/>
      <param name="name" value="devocs SES"/>
   </plugin>

     <root>
         <level value="debug"/>