From Jason Tholstrup <jason.tholst...@theebsgroup.com>
Subject Chainsaw Tab identifier
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:24:02 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what things I need to place in my Tab
identifier field to filter out my applications.  I'm using log4j v
1.2.13 and chainsaw v2.  I have two applications running on the same
server and both are using a socketHubAppender on different ports.

I don't have any location info so the default "PROP.hostName -
PROP.application" only separates by hostname and since I'm running two
apps on the same server I get both logs dumped to the same tab.  I've
tried adding PROP.remoteSourceInfo (since that is a column in the logs
that shows up and has the port number listed) and that property
appears to return nothing.  It's my understanding that the location
info does not work in log4j 1.2.X.  So my question is two fold.  Is
there some reference that I can look at that will tell me what
properties are available, and can someone tell me how I would go about
doing this?  I see in the comments for LoggingEventFieldResolver the
following field are available but nothing here seems like it will work
for me.  Plus there seems to be no explanation of what keyName is in
PROP.keyName.

* Field Name                Field value (String
representation                Return type
* LOGGER                    category name
(logger)                            String
* LEVEL
level                                             Level
* CLASS                     locationInformation's class
name                  String
* FILE                      locationInformation's file
name                   String
* LINE                      locationInformation's line
number                 String
* METHOD                    locationInformation's method
name                 String
* MSG
message                                           Object
* NDC
NDC                                               String
* EXCEPTION                 throwable string
representation                   ThrowableInformation
* TIMESTAMP
timestamp                                         Long
* THREAD
thread                                            String
* PROP.keyName              entry in the Property
hashtable                   String
*                           mapped to the key [keyName]

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason Tholstrup