From Michael Erskine <michael.ersk...@ketech.com>
Subject RE: Everybody's logging but me
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:13:31 GMT
Clinton Weiss wrote:-
> I'm glad you brought this up, I've been having this issue with libraries
> that insist on creating their own log files and ignoring my own setup.
> How can I prevent reconfiguration?  I have my log4j.xml, and I want the
> configuration defined by this file to be the only one honored.  Is this
> possible?

I often need to force some quite specific logging configuration (since I use a lot of log4j
hacks) so I tend to set the "log4j.defaultInitOverride" system property either as an argument
to the JVM or in a static block in my main class (System.setProperty("log4j.defaultInitOverride",
"true");). Then I am free to programmatically configure log4j just so.

It follows, however, that if any of your libraries do something similar then you'll have to
sort them out!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.