From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: multiple web application in same web container using different log4j configuration
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:09:39 GMT
You have one of two choices.

1.  Put Log4j in a parent classloader where all apps can see it and use a
repository selector, usually based on JNDI.
2.  Don't put log4j in a parent classloader.  Only put it in WEB-INF/lib for
each webapp.  And put log4j.xml in WEB-INF/classes for each webapp.  Since
none of the webapps will be using the same log4j instance, they will each use
a separate logger repository.

BTW, you do realize that Log4j-1.3 is not an official version of Log4j and
development has ceased in favor of further development of Logj4-1.2.xx along
with Log4j companions for some Log4j-1.3 specific functionality?

Jake