From "Matthew Kemp" <mattk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: changing logger log levels while application is running
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:39:46 GMT
To expand on Orko's comment, the code to do this would look something like:

// to get a logger level as a string
public String getLoggerLevel(String loggerName) {
  return Logger.getLogger(loggerName).getLevel().toString();
}

// to set a logger level as a string
public void setLoggerLevel(String loggerName, String levelName) {
  Level level = Level.tolevel(levelName);
  Logger.getLogger(loggerName).setLevel(level);
}