From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: RE : How to use the extras
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2007 01:59:17 GMT

_Sopra PROJ RTE Puma wrote:
> I meant this class name, this is just a writing mistake but the extras still doesn't
work.

Ok, but where is extras in relation of log4j.jar?  Are they being loaded from the
same location?  That is, the same classloader?  You might want to try using
-Dlog4j.debug=true to see better what is going on.

> In fact, i'm facing the famous problem when log4j renames myfile.log to myfile.log.1
under windows.
> I found some bugfix in the 1.3 alpha, but it justs continues to log into the main file
instead of losing data when the renaming doesn't work.

> The problem is there are 2 file handles on the log file, this prevents log4j in the success
of renaming the file.
> I found a way to make it work by killing one of the handles (the oldest one) just after
my weblogic starts. But i just can't deliver that in production.

You are talking about the rolling appender in log4j-1.2.x.jar here, right?  And
you are also talking about two separate JVM processes on the same file?  That's
not supported whether using the standard rolling file appenders or the enhanced
ones.  Each JVM should be set up to log to different file locations or you will
definitely run into these types of issues.

Jake

> MatthieuL.
>

> Cordialement,
>
> L'équipe MCO PUMA
> Sopra Group
> 01-41-66-72-97

from org.apache.logging.RollingFileAppender to org.apache.logging.rolling.RollingFileAppender.