From Paul Duffy <padu...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Sequence numbers for LoggingEvents
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:37:51 GMT
Thanks Scott,

We're using 1.2.13 and hoping to solve the sequence number issues with a currently available
extension mechanisms.

Couple Qs...

1. The receivers package does not seem to be released yet? We can't find the downloads.
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/receivers/download.html

2. From an example we found, it seems that you need to add RewriteAppender to each logger?
 Is there sample code somewhere we might examine?

Cheers

Scott Deboy wrote:
> If I recall there was a sequence number added to loggingevent in the 1.3 codebase, but
that was taken out a while ago.

> You can modify logging events before they're processed by appenders by using the org.apache.log4j.rewrite
package in the 'receivers' companion.

> Create your own rewritepolicy implementation which adds a sequence number property to
each loggingevent, and then specify a rewriteappender which references your rewritepolicy
implementation and delegates to a regular appender.