From "Bender Heri" <HBen...@Ergonomics.ch>
Subject reasonable config for spring and hibernate
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:05:26 GMT
Hi all

In my actual project I work the first time with spring and hibernate.

Configuring only a root logger on debug level overwhelms the log with messages from these
frameworks. Even on INFO level there still are a lot of messages.

I dont want to switch off the loggings from these frameworks during developement because I
want to know how hibernate works. I want log entries to see:
- when a transaction starts
- when a transaction gets committed or rollbacked
- when entities are retrieved from the underlying DB or when they are retrieved from a internal
cache
- when entieties are updated, preferably with the values of the entity

Has someone of you hibernate cracks a sample log4j.xml which achieves these needs without
flooding the log?

Tks
Heri Bender