From "David Killeffer" <rayd...@gmail.com>
Subject changing logger log levels while application is running
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:10:51 GMT
I'm trying to write a servlet that will let me change the log level (and
thereby optionally turn the logger on/off) of a logger that is running in my
application code somewhere else.  Currently I have logging running in my
application fine, and I have been able to get information on the logger and
appenders that are running, but changing the level of the logger doesn't
stop the application code from continuing to log.

Is it possible to change the log level of a logger in memory
(programmatically) by way of a servlet that would then change logging for my
application code?

- David