From "Jessica Lin" <j...@akonix.com>
Subject Chainsaw display UTF-8 encoding problem
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:16:59 GMT
I want to use Chainsaw to view the log file contains Chinese character. The log file was recorded
by using FileAppender which I defined the endoding as “UTF-8”. Here is part of my log4j.properties
file.

# xml format file appender

log4j.appender.xml=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

log4j.appender.xml.file=xml.log

log4j.appender.xml.encoding=UTF-8

log4j.appender.xml.append=false

log4j.appender.xml.layout=org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout

Then  I use Chainsaw to load “xml.log” file. The Chinese characters are shown as “ åŠ
这个功能”. The Original characters are “加这个功能”.

I double checked the “xml.log” which did save as UTF-8 encoding. The XMLDecoder file Which
Chainsaw uses to load XML file also use UTF-8 encoding.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Jessica