From "Matthew Kemp" <mattk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Appenders writing log file when not called apon
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:52:32 GMT
I think it would be useful to implement your solution as a configurable
parameter of an FileAppender. By default this delayFileCreation parameter
would be false so log4j performs the same as now. However you could set the
delayFileCreation parameter to true to cause the FileAppender to wait until
it's ready to log to create/open a file. Just my 2 cents worth.