From "James A. N. Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ECCN classification for log4j
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 02:52:20 GMT
Yes, U.S. citizens have contributed to the software.  Search the
archives -- I think this was discussed before.

On 8/21/07, Henriques, Tiago (ext) <tiago.henriques.ext@nsn.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are using log4j in one of our products, and are now in the process of collecting the
information needed to export it to other countries.

> In order to do this, can you tell me whether any citizens of the United States of America
or people living in the U.S.A. have contributed to the log4j software?

> Can you also tell me what the U.S. Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) for log4j
is, and whether a license exception may be used for it?

> In addition to the U.S. ECCN, there is also a German "ECCN", which is called the AL Number.
Can you tell me what the AL Number is for log4j?

James A. N. Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/