From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ExpressionFilter and TIMESPAN
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:23:21 GMT

On Aug 15, 2007, at 10:58 AM, WALLIS, Simon, GBM wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I'm wondering if it is possible to use the ExpressionFilter to only
> log
> events occurring within a certain time span each day. For example,
> I don't
> want to log events in my application between the hours of 01:00 and
> 03:00
> (due to scheduled environment outage where tons of errors are
> spewed forth).

I've added a TimeFilter to the extras companion that allow you to
accept or reject messages based on whether the 24-hour clock time of
their time stamp falls within a specified range for a specified (or
default) time zone.  There are sample XML config files that should
demonstrate configuration.  Would appreciate any feedback.