From Joshua Blake <jsbl...@mac.com>
Subject Watch functionality with log4j.configuration System property?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 07:00:44 GMT
I searched the archives & docs for this question, thinking it must
have come up before, but didn't find anything.  If this has come up
before, please be so kind as to send me a link to the previous
posting/document.  Thank you!

I want to configure Log4J using XML, and without specifying the
config filename in my code.  I also want to be able to watch the
config file for changes and reload dynamically.  I can do the former
using the system property "log4j.configuration", which works great.
However, that method doesn't appear to watch & reload the config file
when its been changed.  Is there a way to do this without manually
calling DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch(filename)?

Thanks!

- Josh