From Oscar Segarra Rey <osega...@gencat.net>
Subject RE: catalina logging stopped after install log4j.jar
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:51:07 GMT
Hi Jake

Thanks for your response.

When I sayd default configuration i mean the configuration of a newly installed tomcat, it
is the default libraries and the default server.xml.

By default tomcat does not include log4j.jar.

If I start tomcat with this newly installed configuration there are serveral logs in /logs:

stdout_[DATE].log
jakarta_service_[DATE].log
stderr_[DATE].log
manager_[DATE].log
localhost_[DATE].log
host-manager_[DATE].log
catalina_[DATE].log
admin_[DATE].log

And system logs on most of them, including catalina_[DATE].log

After including log4j.jar in the commons/lib system no longer wrote data on the catalina_[DATE].log
and I'd like to get the same information I get before add the log4j.jar. Is it possible ?

In your configuration the date of the file names dissappear, isn't it ?

This log4j.jar was added later in order to be used by our applications. Each application implements
its log4j.properties.

Thanks a lot.

Oscar Segarra
Àrea de Tecnologies de la Informació i les Comunicacions
Departament de la Presidència Generalitat de Catalunya
C/ Sant Honorat, 1, 08002 - Barcelona
Tel. 934 02 48 34
email: osegarra@gencat.net