From Paul Duffy <padu...@cisco.com>
Subject Centralized logging for distributed loggers.
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:05:42 GMT
Folks,

My team is investigating Log4j's ability to direct many server's logging
data to a single/central server for presentation and analysis.  Been
looking at Socket and JMSAppenders, etc.

What products exists in OSS land or commercial which are fully featured,
centralized log4J listeners?  Essentially we seek...

- ability to direct many "client" loggers to central location
- central server collates the logging streams via time stamp, etc.
- some level of sophisticated GUI to assist interpretation, filtering of
the logging data.
- BONUS: allow centralized configuration of the distributed logging clients.
- etc.

Is ChainSaw what we should be looking at?   Others?

Cheers