From "Gabier, Sal" <Sal.Gab...@acs-inc.com>
Subject configuring a log to be written to "c:\documents and settings\<us erid>\Temp"
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:31:43 GMT
Hello all,

I am trying to write a logfile to "c:\documents and settings\<userid>\Temp"
on a windows machine. The problem I have is that depending on which machine
the program is installed on or who logs in, the <userid> directory will
change. For instance, if "jsmith" logs in, his log file should appear in
"c:\documents and settings\jsmith\Temp", but if "jdoe" runs the program from
his account, the log should appear in "c:\documents and settings\jdoe\Temp".
In my log4j.properties file, I don't know how to make this <userid> a
variable. I only know how to hardcode it as follows:

log4j.appender.R.File=log/whatever.log

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Sal Gabier