From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: Centralized logging for distributed loggers.
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 04:27:53 GMT
At 04:08 PM 8/28/2007, you wrote:
 >For gui with filtering look at chainsaw I recommend. You would have to
 >extend it a little but it is a good start. V1.3+ has a better gui tool
 >as well

I'm not clear on exactly what version number will be used for the
release of the next version of Chainsaw.  Just to be clear, though,
if you are referring to "1.3" as the next version of Log4j, please
note that development of 1.3 has been discontinued in favor of
continued development of Log4j 1.2.xx.  A separate "extras" library
will be released that will contain select features originally
developed as part of the now dead 1.3 codebase, but will be
compatible with Log4j 1.2.xx.

Now, to Paul's question on centralized logging.  Perhaps one of the
projects listed in the wiki will do what you need?  This is not an
exhaustive list, and I encourage others to add to it.

http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/Log4jRelatedResources

Jake