From "Bixler, Scott" <Scott.Bix...@fmr.com>
Subject Re: Urgent Please--How to create different log files with different property files in same webapplication
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:30:05 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: sivamma <skempili@yahoo.co.in>
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Mon Jun 25 09:11:16 2007
Subject: Re: Urgent Please--How to create different log files with different property files
in same webapplication

Hi, Thank you for immediate reply.
The problem is little different here.XYZ and abc are in same application.XYZ
is using abc's jar files and jsps.
Our application(abc) have our own log4j configuration property file at
WEB-INF folder of XYZ(WEB-INF is common for both of XYZ and abc).
We are configuring log4j from java class file.We can not add/modify/delete
XYZ's log4j configuration property file.At present we are getting even the
XYZ's logs in our log files.

Please find our log4j configuration(abc's)

log4j.appender.mail.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.mail.From=skempili@abc.com
log4j.appender.mail=org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender
log4j.appender.mail.SMTPPassword=xxxxxx
log4j.appender.mail.BufferSize=512
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy MMM dd HH\:mm\:ss} -- %p
-- %m%n
log4j.appender.mail.evaluatorClass=com.CK.Evaluator
log4j.appender.mail.SMTPUsername=siva
log4j.appender.R.File=${ck.base}ck_logs.log
log4j.rootCategory=debug, R,mail
log4j.appender.mail.To=skempili@abc.com
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.mail.Threshold=WARN
log4j.appender.mail.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy MMM dd HH\:mm\:ss} --
%p -- %m%n
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=100KB
log4j.appender.mail.Subject=\=[SMTPAppender] Application message
log4j.appender.mail.SMTPHost=mail.abc.com

It(abc) works fine as a single application in tomcat6.
But when XYZ starts using abc the problem occurs(XYZ is using Weblogic
Application server).

Is there way to get separate the logs in a same application with different
log4j configuration property files.

Thanks & Regards,
Sivamma